[Cialug] LUG meeting - @ Inplay?

Tim Wilson tim_linux at wilson-home.com
Thu Jun 14 22:10:45 CDT 2007

For me, I work until at least 6:00, sometimes later.  It is sometimes
difficult for me to get there on time, or at least early enough to get a
seat.  A couple of months ago, I had to sit in the middle without a place to
put my laptop.  Yeah, it's called a laptop, but having it on a table makes
it a lot easier to take the meeting notes.

Besides, there are many times where we don't have an agenda or topic.  Why
should I drive downtown, fight traffic, construction, parking, etc, for no
topic?  And for parking, I usually have to park in a ramp, and if I do go
for a beer, I need to be back by 10 or else I have to have exact change to
pay for parking.  If I don't have exact change, then I have to send the
money in.  It's just a lot of cons to overcome.  Having no topic isn't
anybody's fault, it's just if there isn't a reason to overcome the cons, why
should I do it?

On 6/14/07, Dan Hockey <icepuck2k at mchsi.com> wrote:

> It's weird to me that moving from Urbandale to downtown is exclusive
> to anyone.  A difference of ~15 minutes of travel time to go to a ~4
> hour monthly event is really what kills it for people?

Tim