[Cialug] LUG meeting - @ Inplay?

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Jun 14 16:34:25 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 15:11 -0500, Todd Walton wrote:
> On 6/14/07, Nathan Stien <nathanism at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It's weird to me that moving from Urbandale to downtown is exclusive
> > to anyone.  A difference of ~15 minutes of travel time to go to a ~4
> > hour monthly event is really what kills it for people?  I've only
> > lived here since last October, but there does not seem to be any one
> > place in the metro area that I really consider "far", especially for
> > something as elastic as the LUG.
>
> I was thinking the same thing.  I've been here in Des Moines since
> last July or so.  I think it's so much fun just *seeing* new parts of
> town that I'd drive anywhere.
>
> Maybe it's a matter of personal scale.

Yeah, we're totally spoiled here in the Des Moines area with relatively
short commutes and lack of traffic jams.  For me the problem with
attending meetings has been the fact that Wednesdays are generally very
busy nights for our family so other things have taken priority.
However, next week is actually clear so I'm going to try really hard to
show up, especially if we have a key signing party.

Jeff