[Cialug] OT: Looking for AC-to-USB wall wart adaptor

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 15:08:00 CDT 2007

Howdy luggers,

I suddenly have a need for a wall wart USB charger.  Something like this:
http://www.semsons.com/acwalplugto5.html

I was wondering if anyone had a good idea for where to look for one in
town.  I don't want to wait on shipping from the internets, because I
would like to let my girlfriend take my iPod to a conference in DC
this weekend.  She won't have a laptop or any other convenient source
of USB-flavored +5v.

I called WDM Best Buy and they said $25-$30 for one, whereas the
internets say more like $7-$10.  Clive CompUSA had no clue what I was
talking about, no matter how slowly and carefully I explained it.

Anyone have any other suggestions for who to call?

(I guess I could ghetto-rig an existing +5V wall wart to a USB socket,
but I'd rather not mess with it.)

--
Nathan P. Stien
Consulting Engineer / Software Developer