[Cialug] sata raid

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 10:25:08 CDT 2007

On 6/12/07, David Champion <dchampion at visionary.com> wrote:
> Thomas Kula wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 10:02:07AM -0500, dave at 58ghz.net wrote:
> > At this point I do have to chime up and say that software
> > rarely catches on fire:
>
> p.s. Good that you said "rarely" and not "never". I've been blamed for
> writing software that caused a power supply to explode once. Wouldn't
> have held up in court, though.

Heh, doing embedded systems I have definitely started a couple fires
via software.  One of them was because I forgot to put "~" in an
expression.  One wee little character can really ruin your day.
(Luckily enough all the fires were on lab prototypes, and it is to be
hoped that my embedded code out in the wild is better behaved now...)

--
Nathan P. Stien
Consulting Engineer / Software Developer