[Cialug] register_globals and magic_quotes - again!

Afan Pasalic afan at afan.net
Thu Jun 7 04:58:51 CDT 2007

hi,
this question is already posted thousand times. but, after I tried for 2
hours to figure it out by myself, I gave up and I'm posting the question
here.
I'm rebuilding one site. php 4.4.4
as usual, register_globals on, as well as magic_quotes.
I tried to turn it off using .htaccess but what ever I change in the
(already existing) file, I would get Internal Server Error

this is content of the .htaccess file:

# -FrontPage-

IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*

<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Limit>
AuthName mkl1332
AuthUserFile /u/web/afan/_vti_pvt/service.pwd
AuthGroupFile /u/web/afan/_vti_pvt/service.grp

and I tried to add
php_flag register_globals Off
and it doesn't work (internal server error)

I tried with register_global 0 - same thing.

could you please point me where to look after?

thanks for any help.

-afan