[Cialug] Virtual hosts in Apache

Tim Wilson tim_linux at wilson-home.com
Fri Jun 1 14:43:20 CDT 2007

On 6/1/07, Chris Freeman <cwfreeman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/1/07, David Champion <dchampion at visionary.com> wrote:

> > Doing a search / replace on the IP isn't that hard (at least using joe.
> > Doing it in vi, well, that's another story).
> >
> > -dc
>

> <off-topic flame="on" why="because I can" >
> While doing it in joe might not be hard, doing it in vi is downright easy.
> And fun. ;-)
> </off-topic>

Ignoring the potential flame war (FTR, I use emacs, and it is very easy), I
tried it with IP addresses and with *.  With *, I get warnings when
restarting httpd.  With IP addresses (or with *), If I go to
foobar.domain1.com (port 80), I get what I would expect from foo.domain1.com.
Is there a way to display an error when someone goes to
foobar.domain1.comon port 80, but display the page when they go to
port 8080?  I did add
NameVirtualHost lines with the appropriate ports.

--
Tim