[Cialug] OT: Deep packet inspection meets 'Net neutrality, CALEA

Chris Freeman cwfreeman at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 15:39:22 CDT 2007

On 7/28/07, Todd Walton <tdwalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/27/07, Daniel A. Ramaley <daniel.ramaley at drake.edu> wrote:
> > Most of our population lives in cities.
>
> Cite?  I read in Time or Newsweek several months ago that that's not
> true.  They were saying that because of the sheer size of this country
> rural areas constitute a lot of the population.

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/planning/census/cps2k.htm

 Total U.S. Population  285,230,516100 Population living in Urban Areas 2
3,629225,956,06079.219 Population living in Rural Areas  59,274,45620.781

I believe that the population in Urban areas passed the population in rural
areas in the 1910's. Only recently did the world population follow suit
(this year perhaps?).

Chris