[Cialug] Decent shared local hosting?

Jim Cole jrcole at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 16:02:13 CDT 2007

I have an extensive music collection(all legal btw) that I'd like to host
somewhere and use kplaylist (mysql5/php5 based) or subsonic(java based) to
stream to my work and home.

Currently it stands at 140 GB of music but will grow slowly over time(as I
can afford to spend money on it). We're talking one or two streams(my wife
and myself), all password protected...so it's legal.

My problem is I don't want to to go for some of the national shared hosting
providers offering huge disk space(hostgator, dreamhost, lunarpages, etc)
because it'll be a pain is the arse to upload 140 GB. I'm hoping I can find
someone local DSM/Ames where I can convince them to let me go over there
with a USB drive.

I currently run this off a server at home but I'm looking to offload it
somewhere.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks!
-Jim