[Cialug] 64 bit difficulties?

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 12:39:37 CDT 2007

On 7/27/07, Brandon Griffis <brandongriffis at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure what plugins the two of you are using, but I've not yet had any
> issue with firefox plugins in either vista 64 or SimplyMepis64 (both running
> firefox in 64 bit).
>
> I run several of the more common plugins:
>
> Adblock plus
> DownThemAll
> FirefoxGoogleBookmarks
> FlashBlock
> Firecastfox enhanced
> gmail manager
> gspace
> noScript
> Open download
> session manager
> Video Downloader.
>
> All work fine.

Of the ones I recognize (most of them), these plugins are written in
XUL and Javascript.  Nothing is machine-dependent about those high
level scripting languages, and I would be more amazed if they *didn't*
work.  Flashplayer is binary machine code, and that's where we get
into problems.

And on the subject of XUL (Mozilla's GUI markup), they are not above
Ghostbusters jokes:
http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul

--
Nathan P. Stien
Consulting Engineer / Software Developer