[Cialug] pam troubleshooting

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 21:56:20 CDT 2007

On 7/23/07, Jeff Davis <jdavis at geolearning.com> wrote:

<clip>
> The short version of the problem is that I've added debug to my pam modules,
> edited my chroot.conf, etc. and all I see in the logs are success messages.
> But when I sftp as that user, i get prompted for a password and then just a
> connection closed.
<snip>

This kinda sorta sounds like the binaries for sftp or some other
necessary component aren't located inside the chroot jail?  That'd be
my guess, but I've never set this up.  It kinda sounds like what
happens if you don't define a valid shell in /etc/passwd for a user
then try to log in as that user.

--
Tired programmer
Coding late into the night