[Cialug] Do we still need LUGs?

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Mon Jul 23 14:40:09 CDT 2007

As the one who sets up the chairs, I can say that most meetings seem to
have 20 to 25 people.  Some of the more popular meetings (equipment
giveaways) get upwards of 35 people.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

>>> "Tim Wilson" <tim_linux at wilson-home.com> 07/23/07 2:35 PM >>>
It varies from meeting to meeting.  Last Wednesday's meeting saw about
10
people, but some of the "usual" people (I can't use the word normal for
this
group :-) ) chose to go see Spam-A-Lot instead, so the crowd was
smaller.
I'd say on average we've seen about 20 people at a meeting.

On 7/23/07, Daniel A. Ramaley <daniel.ramaley at drake.edu> wrote:

> How many people typically make it to the CIALUG meetings these days?
It
> has been a few years since i've attended one; there'd probably be a
few
> faces unfamiliar to me if i were to.
>
> On Monday 23 July 2007 12:40, john doe wrote:
> >While the author is focusing on LUGs, I think it goes a lot further
> > than that.  Of the 5-6 <fill-in-subject-matter-here> good-sized
user
> > groups I was associated with in the Twin Cities throughout the
90's,
> > only one--the SAGE group--shows signs of life.

Tim