[Cialug] rdiff-backup reporting

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Jul 19 17:03:45 CDT 2007

During the June LUG meeting, I mentioned a question about rdiff-backup and
it seemed a few people were using it...

I have a crontab set to run rdiff-backup nightly. I can't tell if its
working or not. I did a manual run and it finished in 20 seconds, which
implies it didn't have to do much.

Anyone know of some way to look at the rdiff-backup directory and run some
type of report to see what happened?

find ./ -mtime -5 -print

returns nothing, which surprises me.

Any suggestions for something that would work as a good nightly backup tool
that would allow me to go back and do a restore from a week ago? Needs to be
efficient with disk space and be able to ignore certain directories.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode