[Cialug] Meeting - 7/18 - Alliance Technologies

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Sun Jul 15 15:28:51 CDT 2007

As a reminder, we have a meeting this Wednesday.

This month's topic is:  Social Media on "teh Internets"   I anticipate
that this will be more of a show-and-tell sort of meeting, where we all
just show off our favorite social media sites.

I am planning to talk about Flickr, blogs, LinkedIn, and Scribd.
At one point, Matthew Nuzum had suggested that he discuss OpenID and
the Facebook API.
Jeff Ollie might be talking about MugShot.
(confirmations of these would be great, by the way)

If anyone else would care to talk about other social media, that'd be
great.  Personally, I'd like to learn what all the twitter, facebook,
and myspace fuss is about, so I think that those might make some good
topics too.

The activity will be sharing stuff online.  If you've done anything
you'd like to share (photos, diagrams, white papers, movies, music, etc)
bring it along.  Please be sure to only bring content that you have a
right to distribute.

Location Notes:
Alliance is located downtown, and depending on what's going at the
Civic Center, deck parking may cost.  Deck map:
http://www.downtowndesmoines.com/uploads/pdf/map_parking.pdf  (3,
2, and 7 are close to Alliance).  You can also park on the street for
free, after 6pm.  If you decide to park illegally, you can pay your
fines here:  https://www.dmgov.org/pt/  :)

(Alliance is here:
http://www.google.com/maps?q=400+Locust+St,+Des+Moines,+IA+50309,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title
)

Also, I have an idea for a new room layout that might work a bit
better.  I'll set it up, and if it doesn't work for you, please let me
know.

Look forward to seeing you here,

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net