[Cialug] SMTP Relay

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Tue Jul 10 17:19:14 CDT 2007

On 7/10/07, James Shoemaker <james at dhlake.com> wrote:

> > I *think* this is no longer true, but I'm not 100% positive. You can go
> > to Accounts -> Settings and create a new e-mail address and set it as
> > the default. It will then be what people see when they get e-mail from
> > you. About a year ago this feature changed and prior to that people
> > would see your gmail account, but I believe now the only way to tell is
> > to view headers.
>
>   And then all my email would look like it comes from james at dhlake.com
> (also not a solution to my problem).

Give it a try, all it costs is 10 min. I'm using it for 3 different accounts
and everything seems to be working just fine. My use case isn't identical to
yours, but I think it works seamlessly if you have each of your e-mail
identities configured in gmail. Maybe even if you don't have your identities
configured in gmail.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode