[Cialug] SMTP Relay

Thomas Kula kula at tproa.net
Tue Jul 10 14:30:51 CDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 01:49:49PM -0500, David Champion wrote:
> Ah, so YOU'RE the guy that still uses sendmail. :p
>
> I'm using postfix.

Works well for me using postfix; my smtpd_client_restrictions
starts with:

 smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated,

There's various other bits in there to set up TLS and
smtp over ssl as well.

I haven't done anything other than "If you can authenticate,
you can send through me", nothing fancier, because I haven't
had the need to do so.

The advantage here is that clients that support gssapi through
sasl use my cached kerberos credentials to send mail, instead
of having to configure the client with a password.

--
Thomas L. Kula | kula at tproa.net | http://kula.tproa.net/
Mathom House at Ypsi-Edge, The People's Republic of Ames