[Cialug] DVD Ripping

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU
Mon Jul 9 09:54:08 CDT 2007

A couple years ago i ripped my CD collection and have happily not had to
mess with physical discs since. Now hard drive space is getting cheap
enough that i'm contemplating doing the same with my DVD collection.
Has anyone done that? What software did you use to rip the DVDs? I'll
want to create files that have the video, the audio tracks, and the
subtitle tracks all in one file (without the subtitles burned into the
image as some software does).