[Cialug] Custom distro CD's

Matt cialug at flash.shanje.com
Tue Jan 30 10:01:54 CST 2007

Is there any chance that there are easy ways to do it using CVS, or just
source files?  The specialized distro CD that I'm trying to build will
basically be perl, some perl modules, SpamAssassin (SpamD) and ClamAV
(ClamD).  All I'm doing is SPAM filtering with these systems, and I want
an easy way to rebuild or deploy new boxes.  I'd also like to eventually
release this to the internet at large for people to download and use at
their leisure.  SpamAssassin seems to work best under *nix, so that's
why I'm doing it this way, but setting up and configuring a system to do
that and only that is more than many people are capable of.  Figured
this would be a nice treat for them.

Also - any chance that anyone would be willing to sit down for a couple
of hours and help me poke at this?  Like I said previously, I'm not
super well versed in the *nix world, and a few hours of pointers would
go a long way to helping this get off the ground.  Case of beer, cash,
or other prizes would be offered :)

-Matt

PS - in any event, thanks for the link - the stuff I've found for
FreeBSD is cryptic enough that I still haven't really been able to make
heads or tails of it.  Those tips are already a better start for some of
these other distro's than what I've got for FreeBSD.