[Cialug] MythTV project - AC97 is malodorous

Daniel.Juliano at wellsfargo.com Daniel.Juliano at wellsfargo.com
Thu Jan 25 10:55:26 CST 2007

So, I received my $15 KWorld tv tuner that I bought on Ebay (more can be
found at
http://search.ebay.com/kworld-terminator_W0QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQmaxrecords
returnedZ300), and the notes on Myth's wiki for it (at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/KWorld_Global_TV_Terminator) got me
up and running in no time flat.  Rock on!  This card is extra cheap
though, and it shows.  I'm going to haveto find a way to block RF
between the card and the rest of the case, because the interference
though not horrible is annoying.

Now I'm trying to get the motherboard AC97 chip to output through the
spdif iec958 port.  I'm running Ubuntu (I probably should be trying
knoppmyth at this point, and if so please just say so), and alsa is
playing system sounds and tv channel sound through the regular 3.5mm
output headphone jack, I am just unable to get output through spdif.

Any clues from those of you on this list?

Dan