[Cialug] Native Linux Games

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 12:49:14 CST 2007

On 1/18/07, dave <dchampion at visionary.com> wrote:
> p.s. If you're interested in a fun RTS / action game, try Gate88 - it's
> cross platform Linux / Mac / Windows. Think Homeworld meets xpilot. The
> gameplay also reminds me of Battlezone (the late '90's RTS, not the
> original arcade game). If you're going to try the "practice" mode, set
> the AI down really low to start with. :)
>
> http://www.queasygames.com/gate88/

Thanks for this link, dc!  I tried the game a wee bit and it looks
very promising.  I don't really make time for games much anymore, but
this looks like a nice lightweight game to get out when I've got a few
minutes to spare.

Anybody else got some favorite linux-friendly games?  In terms of
lightweight games, I am rather a fan of 2-D arcade shooter SolarWolf
[1] and addictive logic game Pathological [2].  Both are packaged at
least in Debian Sid, and probably lots of other things besides, such
as *buntu.

[1] http://www.pygame.org/shredwheat/solarwolf/
[2] http://pathological.sourceforge.net/

- nps

--
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying
to find easier ways to do something." - Robert A. Heinlein