[Cialug] PCI latency settings

Nathan C. Smith smith at ipmvs.com
Wed Jan 17 08:08:37 CST 2007

Anybody ever mess with PCI latency settings, and in so doing, have you seen
any improvements?  There is some talk in the Software PBX community about
setting the latency very high- like 128 or greater on communications cards
and setting it low on other PCI devices.

I'm going to be giving it a try on some machines just to see if it adversely
affects stability.  I wondered if anyone else had comments?

-Nate

You can see your PCI bus by typing lspci  and if you use lspc -v or -vv you
get more details, like latency etc.