[Cialug] OT: Apple iPhone and digital media

Nathan C. Smith smith at ipmvs.com
Tue Jan 16 15:32:39 CST 2007

If the iPhone is running OSX it will certainly become "open" at some point -
whether Apple wants it to or not.   People are running linux on iPods now,
if the iPhone has enough geek appeal it is only a question of time before
linux is running on it and people find away around the pesky DRM features.

One of my friends said this is one of the longest product announcements in
history.  When Apple shut down Newton about 10 years ago they said they
would have a handheld again.  I bet there will be dev kits and such for the
phone.  How "deep" into the phone they let you go will be the only question.

-Nate