[Cialug] Security DVR

Nathan C. Smith smith at ipmvs.com
Wed Jan 10 16:00:27 CST 2007

Have you looked at zoneminder?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin C. Smith [mailto:kevin at linuxsmith.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 3:34 PM
To: cialug at cialug.org
Subject: [Cialug] Security DVR

Any suggestions on a mid-range DVR for security cameras?
Looking for these features:

4 channel

accessible via network (at least two simultaneous connections)
  Not having to install client software is a plus
  (maybe java based applet, etc is good)

160 GB or so hard drive

Motion detection using pixel changes (I'm using cheap cameras)

I know I should just build it, but I don't really have time to build a
ZoneMinder box, so looking for a stand alone solution but under $700.00.

I've found one option, but required client software. I'll be going with it I
can't find another solution for the price.

P.S. Anyone know of a local outlet for security stuff?

--
Kevin C. Smith