[Cialug] MythTV project, any suggestions?

Nathan C. Smith smith at ipmvs.com
Tue Jan 9 16:44:12 CST 2007

You owe it to your sanity (and maybe your family) to check out knoppmyth.
They make a fantastic distro that installs mythtv for you - and boy how.
After knoppmyth there is only a little bit of tuning to do to get a great
installation going.  I think mine has been running about two years now.  I
use it everyday.  In addition to knoppmyth the knoppmythwiki has great
tuning tips for myth and particularly knoppmyth.

Even if you only use Knoppmyth to experience a nice working config and to
cut your teeth on MythTV before going "whole hog" with a raw install you
will come out ahead.

Also, you can never have enough hard drive with MythTV.

The hauppauge stuff is all well supported these days.  Video on Linux has
come a long way in the last 3-4 years.

Ask here if you have more questions.

-Nate