[Cialug] MythTV project, any suggestions?

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Tue Jan 9 16:20:15 CST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 15:49 -0600, Daniel.Juliano at wellsfargo.com wrote:

> Any suggestions before I attempt my install this weekend, especially
> 'things to know' that would save me a couple hours of headache?

It'll be interesting to hear how yours works out. I threw in the towel
on mythtv and got MCE 2005.

Even though the PVR150 has hardware encoding, performance of the overall
system is still very cpu dependent. On mine there was a 2 second delay
between pressing a remote control button and the response.

I miss mythweb and the ability to run jobs on the files after recording
though.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode