[Cialug] Ubuntu on ThinkPad 600E

Stuart Thiessen sthiessen at passitonservices.org
Wed Jan 3 17:20:34 CST 2007

I just installed Ubuntu on a ThinkPad 600E that I have and it doesn't
have a built-in network card. I had a linksys USB NIC so I used that
with the laptop. However, when I use the internet on that machine, it
acts to me like it is only able to make intermittent internet
connections. Other machines I have on this network seem to be fine. The
Thinkpad was unable to load any internet sites. I was surprised because
it was able to download the software from the net, but maybe that
process was able to handle the intermittent connections. It acts like
it is recognizing the interface and all. So I'm a little confused.
Never experienced this before.

Any suggestions on how I can verify or remedy this particular situation?

Thanks,

Stuart