[Cialug] Route updates

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 09:19:08 CST 2007

On 2/15/07, Matthew Nuzum <matthew.nuzum at canonical.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 08:54 -0600, Dave Weis wrote:
> > Nathan C. Smith wrote:
> > > Anybody know about debian/ubuntu?  It seems to be different.
> >
> > I didn't think debian supported ethernet in the current version, I think
> > it's in a few years, along with VGA and SoundBlaster 16 support :-)
>
> No, VGA support has been around a while. Soon I hear they're going to be
> able to get rid of the warning about how X can destroy your monitor.

I am a Debian guy and I dismiss your criticisms -- Real Men (tm) run
Debian Sid and have newer packages than the rest of y'all.  Maybe
occasionally a little *too* new, but that's why it requires some
balls. :-)  The stable distro seems crusty precisely because it's so
damned stable.  Truth in advertising!

<disclaimer>Didn't really mean to start a flamewar -- to each man his
own distro!  Even if yours sucks.</disclaimer>

- Nathan

--
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying
to find easier ways to do something." - Robert A. Heinlein