[Cialug] cialug.org wiki updated

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 23:32:23 CST 2007

I've updated the Meeting Agenda
<http://cialug.org/ewiki/?id=Meeting+Agenda>page on the
cialug.org wiki for the February meeting.  Have a look and feel free to add
more items to the agenda.

I plan on giving a brief overview of my experience chucking Windows Vista
Home Premium and installing Ubuntu Edgy Eft AMD64 on my new HP Pavillion
dv2000 series laptop.  For you folks out there having troubles with
ndiswrapper, I'll be discussing what I had to go through to get it working
with the Broadcom chipset built in wireless adapter (hint: a fair bit of
luck was involved).  I also installed Beryl <http://www.beryl-project.org/>,
which is very nice.  Hopefully I can get it to work with the projector!

My laptop's hostname?  vista-killer

I can't wait until someone sees me rotating desktops and asks, "Is that
Vista?"

--
Tired programmer
Coding late into the night