[Cialug] OT: Google

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Wed Feb 14 12:06:59 CST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 11:51 -0600, Jim Asbille wrote:
> Obviously IT folks are big on Google, we noticed it here and had the
> same conversation.  The stem probably is the L but it sure doesn't
> look like it on first viewing.
>
> On 2/14/07, Tony Bibbs <tony at tonybibbs.com> wrote:
>         Yeah, because that's intuitive.  I'll have to assume that's
>         the case, then.
>
>         Dave Weis wrote:
>         > I think the G and L are kind of combined, I think the stem
>         of the
>         > strawberry is the L.

It takes a lot of guts to do creative stuff like that. Most companies
would get bogged down in meeting after meeting discussing using the logo
in that way IF they even considered something like that at all.

The conversation would probably look like this:
- ZOMG! They might think we're changing our name to Googe!
- And what are the connotations of using a strawberry?
- Some people are deathly allergic to chocolate, and will be offended if
we use it in the logo
- I still think it was a bad idea using yellow for one of the "O's"
since yellow is associated with Nazi's
- can we make the e a little different? It looks like it's laughing at
me
- maybe we should use hearts instead of 'oo'
- hearts are way overdone, maybe we should make the 'oo' into two
breasts wearing red negligee
- you dork, we can't put breasts on the logo
[ad infinitum...]

;-)
--
Matthew Nuzum