[Cialug] Broadband Internet

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 10:25:26 CST 2007

I think the varied experiences shared here reflect the bus-like nature
of the technology.  It may also reflect the nature of Mediacom's
primary business -- cable television services.

I guess the best advice for either DSL, cable or any other service is
to not sign up for any promotions which require a multi-year contract.
 Try before you commit!

On 2/14/07, Jim Asbille <jim.asbille at gmail.com> wrote:
> I also have had good luck with Mediacom.  Solid service.  Many moons ago I
> worked for the cable company, (Heritage, then TCI) and it was the same for
> cable TV, some neighborhoods better than others.  Alot depends on the age of
> the cable and whether there is a source of interference strong enough to get
> into the cable.  I canned the phone company so I have limited my choices.
>

> On 2/14/07, carl-olsen at mchsi.com <carl-olsen at mchsi.com> wrote:
> > I've had Mediacom for at least five years and never had a problem.  That
> doesn't mean anything except my experience is different than yours.
> >
> > Carl Olsen
> > http://www.carlswebs.com/

> > From: john doe <bofh at visi.com>
> > > Mediacom painted the picture.
> > >
> > > I'm just an art critic... ;)
> > >
> > > Seriously, I consistently had outages with them (one lasting a couple of
> > > days).  And it wasn't the modem, as neighbors would have outages at the
> > > same time.  Was the worst service I've ever received.

> --
> Jim Asbille, MSM
> registered Linux user number 388067
>
> Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.
> Buddha

Tired programmer
Coding late into the night
The core dump follows