[Cialug] OT: The Lift gets Cease & Decist from Apple

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 14:04:39 CST 2007

On 2/12/07, David Champion <dchampion at visionary.com> wrote:
> FYI - I know some of you have been to The Lift for the iPod Monday events...
>
> http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/10/apple-sends-cease-and-desist-to-ipod-monday/

I really like the idea from this comment:
http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/10/apple-sends-cease-and-desist-to-ipod-monday/comments/3368616/
"""
He should follow Apple's lead on this sort of thing and rename his
event "A$$hole Company's MP3 Player Monday"... remember when Apple
renamed one of their projects from "Sagan" to "Butthead Astronomer"
after Carl Sagan complained about Apple's use of his name? Turnabout's
fair play, after all.
"""

I think Apple should have to pay a hefty PR cost for [ab]using our
legal system as a club to smack down an innocent enthusiast who was
just doing them a huge favor.

- Nathan

--
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying
to find easier ways to do something." - Robert A. Heinlein