[Cialug] MythBurn problems

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Fri Feb 9 14:11:30 CST 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 14:03 -0600, Tony Bibbs wrote:
> (sigh) I shouldn't probably publicly admit this however the problem was
> found. From the manual:
>
> "DVD/CD Rewriteable"
>
> Not to be confused with:
>
> "DVD & CD Rewriteable"

That is devious marketing material.

I'm selling a monitor on e-bay. HP lists it as a 17" Flat Screen CRT
Monitor. I put the model number in on e-bay, and it helpfully filled in
all the details and included a picture automatically. However, people
that bid on it thought they were bidding on an LCD monitor, because it
said "flat screen." I should have been wiser and changed that... I think
that HP deliberately named it as such to confuse people.
--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode