[Cialug] Broadband Internet

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Fri Feb 9 13:21:16 CST 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 13:13 -0600, Todd Walton wrote:
> What do you Des Moines-ians have available for broadband?  I just
> moved to Des Moines and I'm pretty disappointed so far.
>
> Qwest DSL is $27/256K.  256 is the fastest they can give me!  That's ridiculous!
> Mediacom is $45/5M.  Now that's a nice speed, and an okay price.

I use mediacom and it's fast and reliable. Every once in a while I get
timeouts on DNS. I've a friend that works at mediacom who says the voice
quality of their voip service is great, but its not well supported.

> Also, I found some company called "Internet Solver".

You should sign up for Internet Solver's 100Mb service if its available
to you. Just tell them "Matt" sent you. (Dave, I get a kickback for
this, right?) FYI, Todd, the Internet Solver guys are part of the
lug. ;-)

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode