[Cialug] Hard Drive Crashed

Matt cialug at flash.shanje.com
Tue Feb 6 15:52:08 CST 2007

Nathan,
	I've gone with Ontrack before, but they're pricey.  We got about
80% of the data back off of the drive, and it was a case of heads meet
platters, so there was some actual physical damage done to the platters.
All in all, it was a pretty good recovery.  We got all of the data that
we needed, plus some emails and other less-critical things.

Total price round trip was something like US $1800, and the turnaround
was about one week.