[Cialug] ahtlon64 vs semperon

neal daringer admin at c0wzftp.com
Fri Dec 28 12:06:35 CST 2007

ok. i have a little dilemma here. I want to upgrade the cpu on my gaming
machine (currently an AMD Athlon64 2800+, yes it is a few years old). I
am possibly in the market for a new socket 754 cpu to replace this. yes
it is on the older side and will therefore be harder to find a
replacement. I have seen so far my only options are between Athlon64 and
Semperon. So, I am going to nudge the list a little to see what peoples
opinions are on these cpu's. so whats your thoughts?