[Cialug] OT: Defunct CPU Fans ?

Morris Dovey mrdovey at iedu.com
Wed Dec 26 14:21:27 CST 2007

Josh More wrote:

| We all probably have some laying around.  However, I recommend that
| you to Dave's store (42nd and University) and dig through one of the
| hardware bins.  It'll be a LOT faster.

'Twas. I came away with two fans that seemed to turn without a
grinding sound <g>.

One allowed its hub to be pulled and after pulling out a magnetic
plastic ring from the inside of the hub and reassembling I discovered
that it'll spin if I just /think/ "airflow" at it.

I may be the only one of the group to not have visited the store
before, but just in case there're others, it's the SE corner - behind
Friedrichs Coffee, facing 42nd Street.

Looks like a good place to find impossible-to-find parts. <vbg>

Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/