[Cialug] [OT]: Shell script globbing

Major Stubble major.stubble at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 13:58:56 CST 2007

It is the default shell for Solaris.  Other Unix systems have some
version of it available.  Linux and BSD typically have pfksh, which
to my eyes seems less restrictive than the pure ksh's of the Unix world.

I myself will typically use sh before ksh or bash for most scripts
since it is the most restrictive of all.  That said, I won't work in
a shell environment without my vi keys, so if I am working in bash,
it have to 'set -o vi'.

All that said, I have never been on a Unix system without ksh.  It is
also true that I have not been on a Linux system without bash.