[Cialug] Wireless instrumentation

Morris Dovey mrdovey at iedu.com
Wed Dec 5 11:31:11 CST 2007

I'm looking for input. I'd like to monitor temperature (0-200F),
airflow (any linear unit/any time unit), and sunlight brightness (full
dark - full sun) at periodic intervals and accumulate the data (either
on the fly or daily/weekly/monthly poll) for analysis.

Typical setups would have a single insolation sensor, 2-20 temperature
sensors, and 1-4 flow sensors.

What I'm trying to do is monitor solar heating panel performance
(which I already know is somewhat better than just "satisfactory") to
make the case for RECs to get on my bandwagon.

I just talked to the gentleman whose installation is shown at the link
below and he reports that the temperature inside is "shirtsleeve
comfortable", but I'd like to be able to offer a bit more definitive
information.

In the best of all possible worlds, I'd be able to make the data
available in real time as graphs on a web page.

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA