[Cialug] digital cable tv cards

neal daringer admin at c0wzftp.com
Sun Dec 2 16:31:34 CST 2007

i know there is a difference between analog and digital and HD. i've
used dialup before and had a cell phone before they were even 10% of
what they are today (i.e. before callerid). i just wish that people
would take the time to investigate what they are shopping for before
they buy it. would help keep a lot of the misleading crap off the market
(if noone is buying it then why sell it?). as it stands i only have the
ultra-basic cable plan (network and local tv plus the shopping and
religous channels), so if i can get all the same channels that i get now
OTA in digital, then why should i stick with cable? i'm willing to shell
out a few hundred bucks now for a good antenna and pick up everything i
need in digital if it has its perks if catv wont be switching to digital.

p.s. i emailed the fcc's 'digital changeover fyi list' asking about the
necessity of digital readiness for catv. should be interesting to see
what they say.