[Cialug] Wanted: SCSI Drive

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 16:30:34 CST 2007

On Dec 1, 2007 12:45 PM, Nathan C. Smith <nathan.smith at ipmvs.com> wrote:
> What is moderate, and do you need a specific form-factor for the connectors?
>
> I have a new/unused Western digital 9.5 GB and no plans to use it.

Aiee.  9.5 GB is not moderate, per my unspecified and fuzzy definition
of moderate.  What's funny is I was thinking "I should specify
moderate" when I wrote the email.  But I thought "I'll just see what
people propose first".  But, thinking about it now, I could easily
have specified that I need at least 20 or 30 GB.  More would be nice,
if I could afford it.

Now there again.  Aiee.  I could specify what I could afford!...  But
I don't know what going prices are.  Are SCSI disks a dying breed?
IDE and its ilk are so affordabe these days that one wonders if
massive and multitudinous IDE disks aren't the future.

But I have a (gifted) SCSI server box that I want to make work for my
home network.  I've installed Apache and Mediawiki and suddenly oops!
I've hit the wall storage wall.

-todd