[Cialug] E-mail system suggestions

Jonathan C. Bailey jbailey at co.marshall.ia.us
Fri Aug 31 19:11:17 CDT 2007

One word: RUN!

Yes, it's really that bad. Our original migration was going to be to Scalix. Scalix doesn't support any non-rpm distros (Zimbra supports Ubuntu Dapper). Also, we had many issues like the public distribution lists looping when doing migration, webmail accounts would just stop working for some reason, and the Outlook connector was horribly unstable. Also, its OpenMail heritage makes it very archaic in dealing with it..

Jonathan Bailey
Webmaster, Marshall County, Iowa
E: jbailey at co.marshall.ia.us