[Cialug] Fine Print - Broadband suggestions?

Tim Wilson tim_linux at wilson-home.com
Wed Aug 29 15:49:55 CDT 2007

Me too.  I had Mediacom, and experienced long, frequent outages.  Haven't
had that problem with DSL.  Unless I'm doing long downloads, it seems my
1.5Mb DSL is at least as fast as the 3Mb I was getting through Mediacom.  My
line is through Qwest, but Internet Solver is my ISP.  The web mail isn't
the greatest (it's no GMail, but then again, what is?), but it suffices.

On 8/29/07, david l goodrich <dlg at dsrw.org> wrote:

> I'll throw in my recommendation for internetsolver.
>
> and some unsolicited advice for those of you that suddenly find
> yourself in the quad cities?  don't use muscatine power & water
> as your dsl isp.  ugh.
>   --david
>

> On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 10:37:26AM -0500, Brandon Griffis wrote:
> > So I'm looking to set up service and had planned to go with Mediacom as
> I've
> > seen several ads for a 12 month special for Internet access for
> $20.  But
> > apparently there's some fine print in the commercial that the deal is
> only
> > available as an upgrade when you already have cable TV.  Best they can
> do is
> > a slower service for $40 for 6 months.
> >
> > So now I'm shopping.
> >
> > Any suggestions for decent internet service (and just internet
> service)?  I
> > don't plan on getting a land phone line or cable TV.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Brandon

Tim