[Cialug] Fine Print - Broadband suggestions?

Brandon Griffis brandongriffis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 13:36:10 CDT 2007

With mediacom the two different prices are because the "online max"
15mbit/1mbit service is only available if you do their "network install"
package.  This basically translates to plugging in a wireless router.

There is no lesser install option for that service (though everyone is
asking for it).  So considering that cost over a year the "online max" from
mediacom would be $68.35.  15meg is a ton, but it's cable so I wonder what
that translates to in reality?  Not to mention $70 is a ton to pay for
Internet.

Seems the best DSL would be able to do is a little over 3meg down, but given
that I could get close to the 1meg upload for ruoghly 3/5ths the cost vs the
cable rate.