[Cialug] slow route

Tom Pohl tom at tcpconsulting.com
Mon Aug 27 15:00:04 CDT 2007

Does route -n work faster?  Typically, when I've had issues such as
these, it's DNS related.  I'll usually cheat and add host entries in /
etc/hosts for the hosts involved (in both the local and remote
server) and it's all better :)

I've noticed this problem in particular on my "FreeBSD box with its
Aqua interface" when connecting to a network with no DNS / connectivity.

-Tom