[Cialug] court forces pirate to use windows

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 12:32:38 CDT 2007

On 8/24/07, Matthew Nuzum <newz at bearfruit.org> wrote:
> I don't know if this has hit the news sites yet (I dare not check out
> of fear of getting sucked in), but its been circulating through the
> workplace...

Wow.  That's a pretty harsh punishment, being forced to run Windows.
I wonder what I would do?  Probably fight it.

But as for their intent, it'd be better if they had a special router
you had to route your network through.  It seems like even if you were
running Windows and had their monitoring software installed there's
gonna be a way around it, for the clever computer user.  A black box
router would be harder to circumvent.

-todd