[Cialug] Club Website

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Fri Aug 24 09:56:01 CDT 2007

Yeah, I hacked the "Ajax Vote" extension to use penguins instead of
stars.  It's kinda cool how it works.  If you're a web programmer,
download it from http://www.joomlaworks.gr/ and take it apart.

I also hacked a bit on the BlogSideBar and Mailman Bridge.  If anyone
cares, I can share my code changes with you.  It's mostly superficial
stuff.

Also of note, since I wasn't specific yesterday...

Most users can create content through the "Submit Article/news/WebLink"
links after you login.  These have to be approved by an
administrator/publisher, but that's easy.

If you want to be listed on the CIALUG Member's sidebar, add a WebLink
in the "Member Sites" section.

If you have a site that feeds RSS (blog, joomla, etc), let an admin*
know, and we'll add you to the "Member's Postings" sidebar.

* Current admins** are:  Josh More, Barry Von Ahsen, Nathan P. Stien,
Kevin C. Smith, and Kenneth Ristau

** If you think you should be an admin, and are not, let an admin know.
If they agree, you'll be boosted.  Blah blah blah web of trust.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

On 8/23/07, Josh More <morej at alliancetechnologies.net> wrote:

> By the way, I overhauled the club website last night.

What happened to cool shades Tux?  I *love* the switching Tux vote
buttons.

Also, when I try to vote for my distro I get "Cookies must be
enabled".  They are.  I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.6.

-todd