[Cialug] Xen Hosting here in Des Moines

Theron Conrey theron.conrey at dice.com
Mon Aug 20 15:11:55 CDT 2007

Todd,
        yes and yes.

For a description lets assume the IP address for the host box (console.xenkibbutz.com) is 72.5.5.1
There would also be an alias I'd manage pointing to todd.console.xenkibbutz.com that you log into to reboot, start, stop, rebuild your VM.  However, your VM would also have it's own IP address, for example, 72.5.5.2 that would have a hostname of todd.xenkibbutz.com or whatever really.  You could ssh directly to that VM as you would a regular box if you wanted (or you could leave it locked down and just use the "virtual" console access) and using DNS could have any domain that you own point to the IP address of your VM.

                                        | console.xenkibbutz.com  |
                                        | |     Your VM  |          |

If you have more specific questions let me know @ theron at xenkibbutz.com

-Theron