[Cialug] Xen Server Looking for a good home.

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Tue Aug 14 11:28:14 CDT 2007

Since this issue seems to come up a lot, I've started a wiki page for
it.

 http://www.cialug.org/ewiki/?id=Local+CoLocation

Feel free to add any companies that I've left out.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
> On 8/14/07, Theron Conrey <theron.conrey at dice.com> wrote:
>> Looking at what's available with the hardware I'm guessing that I'll
have room for roughly 7 VMs (15GB Storage, 512M ram each) or more if I
reduce the VMs Memory/Storage.
>> What's rackspace / bandwidth go for these days?
>> Does it usually cost a ton extra for an additional dozen IPs?
>> Anyone got some rackspace / ideas?
>
> I'd prefer to have rackspace here local, but at the moment, I use
> http://www.colopronto.com/
> 1u is $25/mo. The dc is in Miami, so you mail your server. Support
is
> via a trouble ticket system primarily.

We do a lot of collocation locally, it does cost more but you can get
it if you need to without an airplane ticket.

dave

--
Dave Weis
djweis at internetsolver.com