[Cialug] Fedora - the dreaded rpmq failure

Tom Pohl tom at tcpconsulting.com
Tue Aug 7 13:46:52 CDT 2007

I guess I didn't state it before, but in the cases I've seen of rpm
databases becoming corrupt, the root cause has been surrounding yum
(usually when repositories are getting updated or multiple
repositories are unavailable (ok, there was one time a LONG time ago
on a slackware box when I was playing with rpm and it's db got
corrupt, but that was my fault)).  I love yum, but I still feel that
it needs to be run manually because of the small percentage of the
time when there are issues.

Ok, I found my FC6 box, and you're right there is no yum cronjob, but
there is yum-updatesd in /etc/init.d.

Here's a quick link to someone else who suspects similar issues:
http://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?
topic_id=33670&forum=10&post_id=148732

-Tom