[Cialug] Automatix

Jerry Heiselman jweida at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 16:22:34 CDT 2007

On 8/6/07, Dan <dan at cpugeek.org> wrote:

> I didn't have any real problems with it. I did have an issue trying to
> upgrade thunderbird to version 2.
>
> It wasn't that special.
>
> Dan
>
> On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 14:34:17 -0500, "Jeffrey C. Ollie" <jeff at ocjtech.us>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 10:59 -0500, Todd Walton wrote:
> >> What's the word on Automatix?  Anybody used it?  Does it work?
> >
> > Just saw this blog post regarding Automatix:
> >
> > http://mjg59.livejournal.com/77440.html
> >
> > Sounds like a tool to avoid to me...
> >
> > Jeff

I've never had any problems with it.  It always has worked as advertised.
Then again, I don't have a system that is modified much from the default
install, so in a more customized environment I can see that it may have
problems.  But then, that wasn't really what the tool was designed to do.
It's just meant to make things easier for the more "uninitiated" in the
world of Linux.  Or those too lazy to do all the necessary work to get these
packages installed (a group I fall into).

--
Jerry H
jweida [-at-] gmail [-dot-] com