[Cialug] barcamp

Matt Vincent mattcvincent at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 20:34:56 CDT 2007

Hi Jim and Chris - I'm helping out with organizing the BarCamp event
and can say for sure that you'd be welcome at BarCamp.  One of our
goals with this whole event is to simply get to talk to people we
wouldn't normally get a chance to meet up with.  So the fact that it's
not affiliated with any project management, business analyst, java,
linux, .NET, etc group will hopefully make this happen.  Also,
attending and presenting or helping to present is not as big of a
commitment as it might sound.  A presentation might be just a couple
or a few people gathering around a laptop and talking about some piece
of network analysis software you're learning how to use.  Or it might
be a group of people with mixed backgrounds in QA, BA, programming and
operations backgrounds gathering at a table and talking about a better
way to do requirements gathering.  As long as you have an open mind
and want to offer things to the conversation, BarCamp is for you.
Hope to see you there.  -- Matt